Friday, August 20, 2010

Country Music Fest!

Tomorrow I'm going to the Country Music Fest in Massachusetts and I must admit, I am completely stoked about this! Brad Paisley, Jason Aldean, Easton Corbin, Sarah Evans, Darius Rucker, and more will all be playing there. They don't always get so many big names together like that, plus I've never heard any of them in concert before. I'm going with a lot of friends too, probably close to 20 of my friends are going to be there, and many of us will be all be seated together.

In other news, I bought a camera a couple weeks ago and finally got it this week. It is a Sony NEX-5 camera, one of the new hybrid digital cameras that takes near-DSLR quality pictures but is half the size of a DSLR. I've been playing with it quite a bit and I really enjoy it. Many people don't realize that I actually love photography, until this past week all I've ever shot with was a point-and-shoot cannon, which, although it did it's job superbly for the past 5 years, doesn't take the quality pictures necessary to do some real photography. I'm looking forward to using this camera a lot in the future (one of my friends is getting engaged next semester, it'll be awesome to record that whole thing in HD and then take some awesome pics later!).

Also, school starts next Monday. I'm only taking 17.5 hours this semester (as compared with the usual 20 or more), but some of the classes will definitely be challenging. Thankfully, last semester I found a study buddy in my major that I do a lot of homework with. Together, we were able to solve pretty much all of the homework problems for the entire semester. Some classes, Dynamics in particular, often had problems that most people couldn't get the right answer to. We normally figured them out, and if we couldn't we would collaborate with some other super-smart people in our major and eventually figured them all out. This semester should be pretty fun, or, at least I'll learn a lot.

I'll let you know how the music fest goes!
-Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment