Saturday, July 2, 2011

Count them one by one

First off, Guam was pretty awesome. I would definitely be satisfied living there someday, everyone is relaxed and it never gets cold. Even in "winter" their days are filled with warm sunshine and clear days. My experience there wasn't quite all that, I stayed on a small boat which made several voyages up to Saipan. I got seasick on multiple occasions (yes I admit this), and didn't spend as much time exploring the island for WWII artifacts as I had anticipated. That being said, I had the opportunity of a lifetime. The past few days I've been reflecting on a lot of things and I realize just how blessed I've been. I spent 4 weeks in Guam this summer, and now I'm working as an intern at a national laboratory in Albuquerque. I just bought my first truck, and unlike a lot of my friends who were given cars with their license, I'm actually financially responsible for it - I'm reminded every time I log in to my online bank account. I have great friends and as long as I continue to work hard I'll have a steady job and eventually an engineering degree. I have an awesome family which I'm blessed to be able to see a few times a year. Sometimes I wonder how this has all happened, but I don't have to comtemplate long, I realize it has been Him all along. So here's to continuing to trust our Creator that things always work together for the good, and that through Him all things are possible. Sometimes we get so caught up in life that we forget to relish the little things. I think the world would be a better place if we could all take a minute to count our blessings, if we're honest with ourselves and have the courage to face facts we'll be much better off.

I hadn't intended for this to be a motivational "count your blessings" pump up monologue, but that's how it turned out. I'd been down the last couple days, I had an ear infection that has put me out for the count and that most likely has seomthing to do with it. Today, however, I took a drive around the town and just started thinking about what all I have to be thankful for and as cliche, fairy tell, and just downright ignorant as it sounds, it was the pick up that made my day. I'm not great a putting my thoughts into words, but if you're reading this I hope I've somehow started a chain of thoughts in your own mind of all you can be thankful for. And that, for now, is all I am requesting of this entry.

For those of you like me who've found it easy as of late to lose sight of what's important in life, let this be the encouragement and motivation to stand up for what you know is right, and to live as the beacons of hope to this ever-discouraged world!

Oh, and I'll add some pictures from Guam when I get to a real computer, apparently Blogger isn't ipad-friendly.

Until next time,
-Storm

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a great adventure, I was in Guam in 1967 on my way to Okinawa, beautiful island.

    ReplyDelete