Friday, January 8, 2010

A new year, a new semester

This is the last weekend before school starts, and I plan on taking it completely easy. I'll celebrate my birthday tomorrow, maybe catch a movie, and just rest up as much as I can - basking in the life of no responsibility for the last weekend before march sometime!
Engineering students rarely have light loads, and sophomore engineering students are certainly no exception. This last semester I did the best I have since arriving at the Academy - my GPA was higher than all of my freshman year, which is surprising since the classes I was taking this past semester were considerably more challenging than the "basics" of freshman year.

Why am I telling you this? I actually have no reason. Just wanted to throw down an update because it has been a while...
I miss Texas, I miss the wide open plains, the adventurous homeland that some call "wild" but I call home. I miss the crack of my rifle, the embrace of close friends, and the steering wheel in my hand (we cannot drive at the Academy). However, God has been good to me here at the Academy, I have made many great, great friends and as a whole we are our own support group - taking care of each other all the time. Without the amazing people at this school I would have left many months ago.

I think Thomas Edison said it well: I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.

For those of you schooling this next semester, good luck; for those of you working, may you find joy in your work!

No comments:

Post a Comment