Monday, March 22, 2010

Things

Few things compare to spring after a long winter. Seriously, this past weekend was the most beautiful weekend we've had since sometime last September, and as a result, almost everyone I have seen today appears quite refreshed. At least compared to normal (the academy is still a grind, but relatively speaking - much refreshed). I love spring and fall so much, however summer is also great. Basically what I'm driving at is this: I love the heat. I grew up in West Texas where summers meant a seat buckle so hot that it would literally burn you. Cassette tapes (yes, I remember the cassette tapes) that would melt if left exposed in the car during the day. Sidewalks hot enough to cook an egg (not recommended for eating, pretty gritty...).

Suffice it to say, I love the warmth returning!

Also I worked out for the first time in about 2 weeks (the time it has been since I contracted the poison oak). That also feels amazing, I was really beginning to miss the workouts. Not that I am some jacked-up gym rat, but at the same time I do enjoy working out everyday, even if I only work out for about an hour a day.

Hopefully the weather and poison oak continue to improve, I'm ready for summer already!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!
    Just wanted to say thanks so much for commenting on my blog! I love knowing who is out there reading, especially a brother in Christ. Have a wonderful day!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete