Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Update on Jewel

Alright, so first off let me say that the conversation I had with Hope concerning Jewel took place late at night many weeks ago. And the more I thought about what I had told myself and you all that I would do, the less it sounded like a good idea. Not that I am scared and am trying to talk myself out of it, but it seems like I could possibly ruin any hope I had for Jewel if I go out and tell her how I feel. And here's why: we don't know each other very well.

I talked with Hope again last week and told her about what I was thinking. I half-expected her to say that I am just scared and that I should go ahead with it, but to my surprise she agreed with me. She said that it is much harder to find out a guy likes her and then try to work backwards in the relationship, getting to know him after knowing he likes her, than it is to go the other way. And, quite frankly, highly inconsiderate in her eyes. So her advice to me was to spend more time talking with her and just let God take care of the rest. Sounds like a good plan to me, and it was confirmation to what I had been thinking. It really is good to have friends who you can be open with!

In lieu of meeting with Jewel and telling her how I feel I am now just going to meet with her, as I do with most of my friends when I come back home for a while. Obviously if it comes up I won't lie about my feelings, but I will most likely not bring them up and force them upon her. We'll see, God never fails to surprise me, but I don't think we'll be having that conversation at this point!

Until next time, yall have a great spring break! - Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment