Friday, March 12, 2010

Two things

So, two things to write about today. First, a quote that I find interesting:
"When I meet a stranger, I expect them to act a little strange" - Jenni James
I thought this was interesting, because normally when I meet someone it is hard not to make first-impression character judgments. But they are, after all, strangers, and so it would be normal for them to act a bit strange. Anyway, I thought that was an interesting point to make. So thank you, Ms James, for that nugget of advice.

Secondly, in keeping with tradition, I have returned from leave with some form of bodily ailment. This time, poison ivy on my arms (and it appears, behind my left ear - don't ask me because I don't know). It seems that I am perpetually ill when I return from leave back home. This time it is poison ivy, last time it was a rolled ankle that I could barely walk on. Another time it was an ear infection so bad that I had to have a myringotomy. Before that, a terrible cold/sore throat. The times that I have returned sick way outnumber the very few times I have returned well. I'm sitting here with bandages all over my arms and I look like I am terminally ill with these gauze pads that are discolored from the seepage of the blisters. I can't wait for classes to start on Monday...

So that just about gets it for me tonight. Time to watch a movie, or maybe just go to bed. A ton of procrastinated homework awaits me tomorrow!
-Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment