Monday, June 7, 2010

The BACON EXPLOSION

Spread the word, the Bacon Explosion is by far the most manly, awesome, bacon-intensive, satisfying log of pork I have ever had the privilege of preparing, cooking, and eating. Ok, story time.
This past weekend I went to a friend's home (they are like family to me) with a group of friends, and usually we feast on Italian food, as is customary when staying with Italian families. However, my friend's mom had just recently undergone surgery on her right wrist and as such was unable to prepare food for us. She told us that the meals would either be up to us to cook or up to us to pick up, and someone had the bright idea of making a Bacon Explosion (http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/). So we did. And I made fried skillet potatoes, and we had corn, and we had cole slaw, and we feasted on the best meal known to man. As I sit here trying to find the words to describe the bacon explosion, it is occurring to me that there really is no better way to explain it than an explosion of bacon. 4lbs of pork rolled into one log, with rub and barbecue sauce, it is literally an explosion of flavor in each bite. Add to that some awesome potatoes and corn, and as I mentioned above, it was by far the best meal I've had in a very long time. End of story.

So the next time you're in want of the most manly, satisfying meal, give the Bacon Explosion a shot. Use that bacon grease from cooking the crumbled inside bacon to prepare some good ol pan fries, roast some corn on the cob, and spend the meal enjoying life. Spread the word.
-Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment